School Math, Calculus I-IV, Linear Algebra, Differential equations, Statistics and Probability.
- since September 2003 - PhD student at the Institute of Informatics Systems (Novosibirsk, Russia), majoring in theory of concurrent programming (Theoretical Programming Department).
- June 2003 - Master of Science degree in Mathematics, Novosibirsk State University (honours diploma).
- June 2001 - Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Novosibirsk State University (honours diploma).
- The courses I could tutor: Calculus I-IV, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, Unix/Linux fundamentals, any K-12 school or college math subjects.
Work and tutoring experience:
- since July 2004 - software quality engineer, Intel Corporation.
- October 2000 - June 2003 - online tutor, International educational projects manager, outsource projects manager at Virclass Corporation (San Jose, USA). Tutored College Algebra and Intermediate Algebra at Riverside Community College.
- English: fluent (spoken and written)
- French: fluent (spoken and written, DALF certification)
MS Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP, Unix/Linux, Programming Languages (Pascal, Delphi, C).
I like animals, reading books, music and travelling. I also like gardening and planting the flowers.
of Nina's students
Nina's tutoring hours gave me a chance to be tutored during night time, when I don't have work, errands, or school stuff. She was friendly, extremely patient, and very very helpful. I'm not sure what else to say except that this idea of tutoring online is pretty darn good.
I found the sessions very helpful. Any specific question I had, Nina would show
me and explain to me in more than one way of how I could solve the
problem. Nina especially helped me with any problem that had to do
with graphing; whether it was plotting the points or graphing the inverse
variation.Thank you for your help!
Nina has been a great help to me in the short amount of time I have had to work with her. She has helped me slow down and take
time to work through problems I usually blaze through and get wrong. She has allowed me to be interactive with my learning and she has
a likable personality and demeanor. She allowed me to make mistakes, walked us through them and allowed me to discover and fix them.