M. Lynette DiPalma
Psychology, Philosophy, Essay/Thesis writing and editing assistance, English as a Second Language.
- Experienced in writing and editing feature articles, short stories, biographies, essays, editorial pieces, press releases, research reports, digital and print newsletters, website content, blogs, catalog descriptions, box copy, full-length book manuscripts, novels, and poetry.
- Highly skilled in copyediting, proofreading, and researching.
- Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed word.
- M.A., English, Eastern New Mexico University, Portales, NM (2004)
- B.S., Psychology & Biology, Eastern New Mexico University, Portales, NM (2002)
- A.A., General Studies, Pensacola Junior College, Pensacola, FL (2000)
| 2/06 - Present
||iUniverse, Lincoln, NE
Review manuscripts for inclusion in the Editor's Choice program
Provide guidance and detailed suggestions to improve manuscript for possible future consideration
| 5/97 -Present
|| Multiple Clients, Multiple Locations
||Write various articles for companies such as InfoSearch, Demand Studios, Get Content, People Magazine, History Magazine, Smithsonian and other local newspapers, newsletters and magazines.
Write on a wide variety of topics including psychology, biology, pets, entertainment, fine arts, crafts, music, video games, business, finance, construction, history, health, and metaphysical/holistic subjects.
Wrote three full-length non-fiction books to be released late 2009.
Ghostwriter for four full-length non-fiction books and three fiction novels.
||Certified TOEFL iBT Rater
||Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ
||Review and rate Test of English as a Foreign Language manuscripts.
|9/02 - 08/08
||Instructor & Tutor
||Various Institutions, Various Locations
|| Instructed beginning through advanced students in poetry and fiction writing in workshop-like atmosphere both online and in face-to-face classrooms.
Taught academic classes at Pensacola Junior College, Eastern New Mexico University, Ed2Go, Coffeehouse, Avery Center, Jefferson Parish Recreation Center, BookPitch.
Taught and tutored English composition classes at Eastern New Mexico University and online through Smarthinking.com.
|5/99 - 2/00
||Macromedia, San Francisco, CA
||Authored & Edited creative box copy for Macromedia software products.
||Half Tone to Jubilee, Pensacola Junior College, FL; Harbinger, Texas Tech U
||Reviewed submissions for literary journals.
Managed several junior editors and other academic staff.
Formatted and proofed layouts and galleys.
Writing Samples & References Available Upon Request.
of Lynette's students
I was very impressed with the first paper. Thank you for your help!