Theory of probability, Math statistics, Statistical modeling, Random processes, Calculus, Algebra.
Currently I'm a postgraduate student in the Institute of Mathematics of Russian Academy of Science, Siberian Branch, majoring in probability and math statistics.
In 1996 I entered Novosibirsk State University and graduated in 2001 with a honours diploma. My thesis was devoted to stochastic integration and its applications in statistics.
While studying at the University I've learned the following disciplines: Analytic geometry, Linear algebra, Variational calculus, Differential geometry, Differential equations, Hydrodynamics, Aerodynamics, Theory of plasticity, Theory of elasticity, Theory of probability, Math statistics, Math logic, Math modelling, Calculus, Statistical modelling, Computation methods, Optimization methods, Theoretical mechanics, Programming, Riemann's geometry, Random processes.
- Currently I'm a probability and statistics instructor of the Mathematical department of Novosibirsk State University.
- April-June 2002 - Online statistics tutor for De Anza students (California, USA)
- Individual tutoring in Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability and Statistics
My personal interests are:
- Music. Extreme and jazz. I'm a graduate of music school and I play piano. Also I play guitar in a metal band.
- Literature. Modern prose. ( Fowles, Murakami, Cortasar, Borhes, Miller etc.)
- Communication with friends.
of Alexander's students
Alex did a really good job tutoring. He was very
patient and took the time to explain my questions. The only problem is that
his connection wasn't very reliable and I lost him a couple of times
during sessions. He was also very flexible and understanding when I had
I really enjoyed the online tutoring sessions. Having the immediate verbal and visual feedback was extremely
helpful, considering I was taking a distance learning course and I had no other way to receive such attention. Working
with the tutor on the whiteboard really illustrated how to do the work and whenever I was confused being able to
talk or type it out was also helpful. In the confusing world that
is online classes, having this link to actual people is very beneficial and motivating. I've seen a definite improvement in my grade since I
started to regularly attend my online tutoring sessions and I can't thank Alex enough for all his help!