- Since Aug 2009 - Post Doc position, Switzerland.
- Dec 2008 - PhD in math at National University of Singapore.
- May 2003 - Master of Science degree in Mechanics, Novosibirsk State University.
- May 2001 - Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanics, graduated from Novosibirsk State University with an honours diploma. GPA = 5.0 (excellent).
- Courses taken:
Calculus I-IV, Higher Algebra, Analytic Geometry, Number Theory, Mathematical Logic, Computer Programming, Computation Methods for Problems of Linear Algebra, Theoretical Mechanics, Programming in Delphi, Ordinary Differential Equations, Differential Geometry, Mathematical Modeling, Theory of Function of Complex Variable, Probability Theory, Functional Analysis, Statistics, Hydrodynamics, Gas dynamics and more...
- 12 years of studying English. Good oral comprehension level.
Work and tutoring experience:
- 1999-2004 - Laboratory assistant at Lavrentyev Institute of Hydrodynamics, Novosibirsk, Russia
- since 2001 - Jury member of Wide-Siberia programming contest
- 2002-2004 - Junior member of teaching staff in the Faculty of Informational Technologies in Novosibirsk State University
- 2003 - Online Programming tutor at Virtual Classrooms Company, USA
- 2003-2004 - Teacher of Computer Science in Specialized Scientific Study Center of Novosibirsk State University
Development of Computational Methods, Algorithm Design
- 15th place in ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest World Finals (2000, Orlando, Florida, USA).
- 18th place in ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest World Finals (2002, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA).
Tennis, Yoga, Playing guitar and piano.
of Alexander's students
My questions were all answered in each session I attended and it was great help towards my programming studies, homework, and labs. If I didn't receive help, then I would have never been able to complete my assignments and do fairly well on the quizzes and tests.
I think the sessions were very helpful for me. The software was very good, easy-to-use. The tutoring was very simple, good and helpful and I will recommend it to everyone. I think it was good because sometimes it is easier to talk to a tutor than it is to a teacher. And Mr. Shapeyev, you were a wonderful tutor.. very helpful. Good job! Hope everything goes great for you. Thank you very much!
I have learned a lot from the meeting discussions, and it helped me to understand some information which I had been lost or never known. The tutor explained everything very clear and easy to understand.
Whatever was discussed in the session was helpful. You were a more than qualified tutor, and your example problems really helped everyone with the lab problems.